Are you looking for something reward to do within your community? Have you thoughts about volunteering? Our Scout group is looking for more leaders so we can keep our Keas, Cubs and Scouts sections growing! Volunteering for Scouts is easier than you think with full support and training – you can experience the fun, friendship and adventures of Scouting, and make a real difference in your community. Would you like to know more? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re not up for being a Leader… how about an Adult Helper? If you are an adult associated with a child attending one of our sections, we’d love it if you are able to help us out from time-to-time. Whether it’s a trip away from the Den, or an activity for which we just need more help, your time and efforts are always appreciated.
At Scouts, we take child & youth protection very seriously, so all adult helpers must complete the SCOUTS NZ registration and police vetting process. As this process can take several weeks, get prepared now! Please complete this process by following the steps detailed below – if you have any questions, please talk to one of your Leaders.
To complete the SCOUTS NZ adult helper registration process:
- Visit this page https://www.scouts.org.nz/join-us/Enquiry-Form and complete the form – before you start, you’ll need to have your drivers licence number handy.
- When completing the form, provide your personal information as required, and this information for these specific fields:
- Group: Please select “Whenuapai Air Scout Group”.
- Role: Please select “Adult Helper” (please also choose “Committee” if you are a committee member).
- Name of Group/Zone Leader: “Craig Paltridge”.
- A few minutes after submitting the form, you will receive an email from ‘email@example.com’.
- Please review all of the information contained within the email, and if you no further questions, then please click the link provided within the email to open the Scouts Police Vetting Application consent form.
- The Scouts Police Vetting Application consent form can be filled in online and forwarded to your section leader, or if it is easier you can get a hard copy of this form to complete from your Leader at the Scout Den.
- When completing this form, please only complete Section 2 and Section 3 – again you’ll need your drivers licence number handy.
Section 1 will be completed by your section leader after they have sighted your identification – you’ll need to show them two forms of your ID, one of which must be photographic.
Our committee is made up of parents and other volunteers, who work together along with our Section Leaders to ensure the smooth operation of the Whenuapai Air Scouts.
As a group we operate within the boundaries of Scouting New Zealand in terms of structure and the programs we offer, so our role as a committee is to ensure we comply with national scouting directives, work with our leaders to facilitate the smooth operation of our Keas, Cubs, Scouts and Venturer units, oversee the financial operation of our group and look after our grounds, buildings, facilities and equipment.
We currently have several vacant committee roles, and always welcome new general committee members so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join us! We meet monthly at the Den.